- 1895. Born 21st August Tottenham London
- 1901. Census 31st March recorded as ‘visitor’ aged 5 with William & Jane Lowthian, Kettering, Northants.
- 1908. Boarder aged 12 Grosvenor College Carlisle.
- 1911. Census 2nd April aged 15 Grosvenor College Carlisle.
- 1911. Began apprenticeship Harland & Wolff Belfast.
- 1917. Completes apprenticeship in summer of 1917 at Harland & Wolff.
- 1919. Began Merchant Marine career in September as 4th Engineer with SS Adriatic aged 24.
- 1920. Arrived New York 8th February as a passenger, home address Stockton Heath Warrington.
- 1921. February SS Persic. Married  Marjorie Sybil Dykes Robson, Somercotes Derby 6th July aged 25
- 1922. April SS Dakotian.
- 1924. February SS Dakarian. June SS Scythian.
- 1926. Death of Mrs Bell 13th November Alfreton Derbys.
- 1928. July SS Minnewaska Married  Martha Hannah Lewis Lambeth 21st July aged 32
- 1929. May SS Almeda Star, July SS Highland Rover, October SS Highland Piper.
- 1930. April MV Dunster Grange, June SS Baltonia.
- 1942. Death 19th February aged 46 at Edgware, London, cause of death Bronchopneumonia.1943. Last known ship on which he served, SS Baltonia home port of London. While on convoy MKS-7 on the Seville-Gibralter-Belfast Lough route on the 7th February 1943, SS Baltonia with a cargo of 1215 tons of sour oranges, ran into a minefield laid by U-118 [Werner Czygan] and sunk with the loss of 11dead & 51 survivors.
Tags: son Frank Bell